Papercut is a new software to install MUSD Network printers on desktops and laptops.
- Go to your list of printers that are installed on your device. Start by clicking on the Windows button on the bottle left of the screen or by hitting the Windows button on your keyboard
2. On the search bar type “print”. You should see “Printers & scanners”. Click that.
3. You will see your list of printers installed on your computer. If you have multiple MUSD printers, you can write down their names on a piece of paper which you will need later in Step 11. After writing down your list of printer(s), select each MUSD NETWORK PRINTER ONLY one by one and remove them. Close that window after you are done.
- Go to or open your Chrome browser. Then go to papercut.musd.org. Sign in with your MUSD Google email credentials.
- Once you are logged in. On the left side you will see the option to install Papercut for Windows. Click on that.
- On the next screen, click on “download” to get the install file for Papercut.
- You will see the install file on the bottom left. Click it to start the installation.
- Click Next to install.
- Once it installs, you will get a new window to log in with Google. Click that. (You will also see a new icon of a printer to the left of the date and time. That is for Papercut. You can access it from here)
- Next you will get one of two login screens. If you get one that has your name click that. If it’s one that asks you for your email address, enter your information for Google.
- Once you log in you will get this screen which is the Papercut dashboard. On the left side you have “My Printers” which are printers you have installed with Papercut. “Add Printers” are printers that you have access to install on your computer. To install a printer, click “Install” next to the printer you want. Once you click install, you will need to wait till it installs before you install the next printer.
Please submit a Helpdesk ticket or call us at Ext 6008 if you run into any issues.