Newer versions of Chrome (OS and browser) now disable Flash by default. Some Scholastic/HMH programs still use Flash and will not run by default. The attached article is from Scholastic/HMH support and walks users through enabling Flash for their programs. These settings changes must be done by users/students on each device they log in to, MUSD Technology Services is not able to push this setting out. Below is the text from the attached article.
Important Notice for All Chrome Users
Google is releasing Chrome 76 on July 30, 2019. This version of Chrome will disable Flash by default. This will require additional permissions when trying to use Flash-based programs such as READ 180 Next Generation, FASTT Math Next Generation, Do The Math ProgressSpace, MATH 180 (Courses I and II), and the Interactive Teaching System.
Districts and schools that upgrade to Chrome 76 will need to have a teacher or administrator manually enable Flash in order to use these programs.
Currently, users must click the Flash warning and choose Allow to enable the HMH programs that use Flash. After upgrading to Chrome 76, users of the above programs will need to follow these steps:
1. Open the HMH Gateway and launch the HMH program.
2. Click the Flash warning.
3. Click the 3 dots in the upper right corner of the Chrome screen. Choose Settings.
4. Under Settings, choose Advanced, then close Site Settings under Privacy and Security.
5. Scroll to Flash and disable Block Sites From Running Flash (recommended). The site should now read Ask First.
6. Close Settings and run the HMH program.
For more information, contact HMH Technical Support at 1-800-283-5974 or go to hmhco.com/productsupport.