The new Sharp copiers/printers installed right before the 2021-22 school year have an issue printing pictures/photos from built in Microsoft Windows applications (like Photos, Photos Viewer, and Paint). Sharp is aware of the issue and is working to update their drivers to fix.
In the meantime, users should change the default app used to open and print pictures and photos. Instead of using the built in apps, we recommend using Google Chrome as it will open these files and will print them to Sharp copiers without issue. This article shows you how to do that.
Change the default app used to open a file
- Right click on the file (I am using a .jpeg file in this example). This will bring up a menu window.
- Select "Open with" from the menu, then select "Choose another app".
- On the popup box that opens, check the box "Always use this app to open .xxxx files".
- Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select "More apps".
- Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select "Look for another app on this PC".
- This will open up a file explorer window. On the location bar at the top of the window, click on "Local Disk (C:)", then double click on "Program Files (x86)".
- Now double click on "Google", then "Chrome", then "Application", then select "chrome" and click the "Open" button.
- You have now changed the default app used to open this type of file. Repeat this for any other picture file types (.jpg, .png, etc.) that you are having issues with.
Please contact Technology Services at x6008 or submit a helpdesk request if you have any questions.